We have an exciting and challenging opportunity within our Youth Portfolio for a full time Youth Development Worker. This role works within Aspen’s Group Care programs to provide support, care, and guidance to the youth in our group homes. It involves shift work including days, evenings and weekends.
The responsibilities and accountabilities outlined in this position profile may change as the position evolves along with the growth of the Agency. They include, but are not limited to:
• Engage and model respectful and appropriate relationships and professional boundaries with youth and staff team
• Follow program expectations and youths’ individual treatment plans
• Make intentional efforts towards the creation of a stable and consistent home-like environment (i.e. – modelling meal preparation or general housework)
• Ability to develop strategies and treatment plans to modify and create positive growth
• Implement and adhere to industry standards and best practices including working from a trauma informed care, grief and loss and attachment lens
• Daily documentation and formal report writing as required
• Case management responsibilities for assigned youth with professional and natural supports
• Facilitate and support relationships with connections in youths’ lives
• Plan, organize, and implement recreational and therapeutic activities in and around the Calgary area
• Work closely with or in collaboration with the Team Leader
• Administrative responsibilities such as: financial month end, staff scheduling
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
• Degree in Human Services
• Previous experience working with children, youth, and families
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with computer literacy
• Strong relationship building skills and a good understanding of working with vulnerable youth with challenging behaviours
• Organized, self-motivated, confident, and able to work with a team and independently
• Desire to participate in on-going training to maintain Agency Policy, CAC Standards based on current best practices in youth care
• Valid driver’s license and current Driver’s Abstract and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
• First Aid/CPR and Suicide Intervention (a requirement prior to commencement)
• Successful candidate must clear Police Check including Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Intervention Record Check
Suite 200, 2609 – 15 Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8Y4
p: 403-219-3477 f: 403-250-9420
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Hourly Rate: $20.59-$24.68 per hour, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to email@example.comWe thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis