Registered Nurse (RN)
Building resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma.
Since 1989, CUPS has helped Calgarians overcome adversity. Today we have evolved into an evidence-based organization, using the latest in brain development, to deliver trauma-informed care that builds resilience in individuals, families and the community. CUPS looks beyond short-term solutions to provide lasting, significant impact that spans generations. Together with our Partners we provide integrated care plans across Health Education and Housing to over 11,000 Calgarians each year to help them become self-sufficient. CUPS has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Impactful charities and was also awarded the United Way Spirit of Gold Innovation award.
We have an immediate opening for a Casual Registered Nurse (RN) within our Health Clinic for CUPS.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, and communities while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document all nursing care of patients in accordance with policies and professional nursing standards, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance, while acting as a primary point of contact between patients and healthcare professionals. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared mission, vision and values of CUPS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- 3-5 years experience working in an acute-care environment
- Well-developed clinical and physical assessment skills including experience with mental health assessments
- Current basic First Aid & CPR certification
Additional Required Qualifications
- Ability to respectfully collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to handle, move and lift heavy or awkward equipment and/or individuals
- Ability to perform all work-related duties in accordance with regulated legislature
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients of various ages, socioeconomic status and ethnic backgrounds
- Proven critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to be self-directed and able to exercise independent nursing judgment
CUPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please apply via indeed with a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis
CUPS Health Education Housing