Complex Case Manager – Ref. No. 18086
Youth Health Centre
Temporary Full-Time Position; 2 year term
The Alex: Changing Health. Changing Lives. The Alex Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit organization that is changing how we look at health care in Calgary. Our health, housing and food programs support our most vulnerable neighbours, tackling tough health and social issues head-on. Using a multi-disciplinary team approach, we focus care on assessment, intervention and promotion of all aspects of health. We embrace a model of health care that is accessible, responsive and participatory. In addition to the Community Health Centre, we run a Seniors Health Centre, a Youth Centre, two Mobile Community Health Buses, one Dental Health Bus, four Housing First Programs, a Community Food Centre and Youth Law.
What we do and why we do it
The Youth Health Centre (YHC) has been making a difference in the lives of Calgary’s youth aged 12 – 24 since 2008. We understand the unique challenges faced by vulnerable youth in our community. Our dedicated team of professionals are passionately committed to providing services and supports that break down barriers to a healthy future.
We are currently seeking a temporary full-time Complex Case Managerfor a 2-year term in our Youth Health Centre. Working in conjunction with other Youth Health Centre staff, the Complex Case Manager will complete a comprehensive client needs assessment and develop a goal/ care plan to help clients address identified needs and provide counselling focused on the needs of the client, advocacy and system navigation. Working collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary healthcare team, the Complex Case Manager will ensure that supports in all relevant service areas are maximized. The position will report directly to the Clinic Coordinator and Team Lead.
What you will do
- Provide professional case management services to clients who access the YHC
- Develop with the client a service plan that is strength based, client centered and trauma informed
- Provided individual counselling and therapeutic interventions
- Monitor client progress towards their personal goals
- Connect clients to appropriate services and resources
- Coordinate service providers, ensuring a smooth delivery of service
- Facilitate group therapy sessions
- Complete the required paperwork, including assessments, for each client in a timely fashion
- Crisis Support
- Maintain client confidentiality and clear boundaries
- Represent the program and the agency in the community in a professional manner
- Work collaboratively with all team members to achieve excellent service and outcomes for clients
What you will bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Mental Health Clinician
- Eligible for registration with their professional college in Alberta
- Social Workers must be authorized to perform psychosocial interventions
- Knowledge of mental health/psychiatric conditions, substance abuse, individual and family development stages, and mental health act
- Skills in assessment, support and intervention, consultation, crisis counselling and advocacy are required
- Training in any of the following would be considered an asset: Applied Suicide Intervention Training, Mental Health First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, and Motivational Interviewing
- A passion for advocating and building relationships with hard to engage youth
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Valid First Aid and CPR are mandatory
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Candidate must be willing to have a Police Information Check completed
How to apply
If you are as passionate as we are about making a difference in people’s lives, please email your resume to email@example.com and be sure to include the job title and reference number in the subject line.
For further information about The Alex and its programs, we encourage you to visit our website at www.thealex.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis