Casual Relief Coordinator
The Coordinator plays a crucial role as the first point-of-contact, providing information and support as individuals embark on their wellness journey. This role delivers an excellence in standard of care while providing positive, compassionate service and problems solving skills to help assist clients’ needs.
Client Service Responsibilities
Coordinators offer program support 24 hours 7 days a week. This support includes:
- The development and review, in conjunction with the client and their support team, a Service Plan that includes measurable goals designed to
enhance/maintain independent living skills.
- To liaise with community partners on a regular basis to ensure collaborative efforts in assisting clients to meet their personal goals.
- To assist clients in establishing peer, family, and community support networks.
- To provide clients with consultation and supportive counseling in the event of an emergent or crisis situation.
- To advocate for clients when necessary and to ensure they receive adequate care, treatment services, and information from the community and CMHA.
- To facilitate a cooperative living environment through the use of regularly scheduled community/house meetings, and individual interventions when
- To maintain effective written and verbal communication systems necessary for client service delivery and program functioning.
- A recognized diploma or undergraduate degree in a human services area or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with persons with a diagnosed mental illness, preferably in a skill development or residential environment and have
a deep commitment to and understanding of the recovery model.
- Experience working with individuals with substance abuse issues an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
Skills & Personal Attributes
- You demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams you support, your peers and community partners.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- An interest in life long learning along with empathy and insight.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Resources Calgary at email@example.com or if on our careers site, click on the position posting and at the bottom of the position click on the Apply Now link to complete the Application Online Form along with uploading your cover letter and resume. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of education credentials upon hire and complete a criminal record check.
Thank you for your interest.
While we appreciate all the submitted applications, we will only contact the candidates considered for this position.
We will post this position until suitable candidate is selected.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis
Canadian Mental Health Association