Medical Lead – Ref. No. 18087
The Alex Community Health Centre
1 Year Term – 0.2 FTE
The Alex: Changing Health. Changing Lives. The Alex Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit organization that is changing how we look at health care in Calgary. Our health, housing and food programs support our most vulnerable neighbours, tackling tough health and social issues head-on. Using a multi-disciplinary team approach, we focus care on assessment, intervention and promotion of all aspects of health. We embrace a model of health care that is accessible, responsive and participatory.
What we do and why we do it
The Alex Community Health Centre improves quality of life in our communities through a comprehensive model of healthcare. Our focus is on prevention, and our team of professionals work hard to step in before long-term interventions are needed, giving preventative care in a welcoming, easy to access environment.
The Medical Lead will work collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Operations, and the Executive and Leadership teams at The Alex Community Health Centre. This partnership between the physician and operational leaders is complementary and committed to the provision of timely, accessible and quality patient-focused health services in a sustainable manner. The Medical Lead’s role is envisioned to be primarily advisory, consultative and strategic, with a limited role in operations management of the organization. This will be a 0.2 FTE for a 1-year term, and will be considered to be in addition and exclusive to contracted ARP clinical duties, and hours of work and location will be flexible to meet organizational and individual needs. The Medical Lead will be expected to have a concurrent medical practice at The Alex.
What you will do
- Provide medical support and leadership to The Alex
- Collaborate with executive team members in working towards a common program vision, strategic plan, and theory of change that align with the goals and objectives of The Alex
- Provide medical direction, clinical content expertise, and guidance to the Alex executive team, CEO, and board of directors as required
- Provide physician input on strategic planning, theory of change, medico-legal concerns, research and evaluation, policy and procedures, best practice recommendations, fund development, and occupational health & safety
- Serve as a contact for the Alternate Relationship Plan (ARP) program with Alberta Health
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Operations, Associate Directors, and Program Leads in the areas of physician recruitment, retention, and compliance to ARP and Alex physician contract
- In collaboration with leadership, represent The Alex at external meetings with key stakeholders, committees, and working groups
- In collaboration with leadership and communications team, engage with general public, media, funders, and government officials to represent and advocate for The Alex and its values
What you will bring
- Physician with experience in a primary care setting, with special emphasis on serving homeless and vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively develop and lead teams
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience operating in both Alternative Relationship Plans (ARP) and Fee For Service (FFS) medical billing models an asset
- The candidate must maintain a current clinical practice at the Alex Community Health Centre, licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
How to apply
If you are as passionate as we are about making a difference in people’s lives, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the job title and reference number in the subject line.
For further information about The Alex and its programs, we encourage you to visit our website at www.thealex.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis