We have an exciting opportunity for a Family Strategist within the Sustainable Families Program working with high acuity families who are directly impacted by homelessness and poverty. The program works closely with family shelters and other community resources to connect families and support them in housing location, case coordination, case management, and systems navigation to increase capacity and sustainability. The program is guided by the framework and goals set out in Calgary’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness. The Family Strategist is responsible for coordinating services and ensuring access to appropriate resources for families connected to the program, from a client-centered and sustainable livelihoods framework. The program also works closely with other agencies and community supports to assist families in navigating the systems, services and supports necessary for families to stabilize and maintain housing.
The responsibilities and accountabilities outlined in this position profile may change as the position evolves along with the growth of the Agency. They include, but are not limited to:
• Provide long term support to families and tailor services for goal attainment related to maintaining housing and asset development
• Evaluate and document progress in collaboration with families using outcomes measures
• Maintain accurate client records consistent with Aspen policies & procedures
• Connect and support families in accessing appropriate resources
• Provide liaison, advocacy and case coordination for families
• Accompany families on community visits to support goal attainment
• Collaborate with stakeholders and larger systems to assist families in maintaining housing
• Create and support a collaborative discharge plan for families
Suite 200, 2609 – 15 Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8Y4
p: 403-219-3477 f: 403-250-9420
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This dynamic role requires our ideal candidate to possess at minimum the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Field (equivalencies also considered)
• Experience working with individuals, families, and teams from a strengths-based approach
• Ability to manage a fast-paced work environment
• Knowledge and experience with outcome measurement a definite asset.
• Skills in advocacy, systems navigation, knowledge of local resources
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
• Current Police Check, Intervention Record Check, Driver’s Abstract (at time of hire)
• Suicide Intervention and First Aid
Pre-employment requirement: Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Range: $46,818 to $52,540 per annum, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Aspen, we take our value of diversity very seriously and foster an inclusive work environment. We consistently seek to recruit, develop and talent that is reflective of the diverse demographics of persons served.
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on Aspen Family Services and Community Network please visit our company website: www.aspenfamily.org
This job advertisement is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
List the qualifications and skills required
Outline what the person in this position will perform on a regular basis